1872- The Nance-Major Store was built by Julia Nance-Major and Edward Major. The house and store face south across Courthouse Road toward the circa 1750 Charles City Courthouse. The general store provided dry goods, sundries, agricultural supplies, and tools that were necessary to support the local agricultural economy.  In 2009 the store was rennovated and became Cul’s Courthouse Grille serving a Southern Cuisine, including many healthy options.